The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce hosted its 2022 Taste of The Town – Restaurant month VIP Reception on Tuesday, February 8, 2022 at Citizens Grill. The winners of this year’s Taste of The Town were announced and awarded Best Cocktail, Best Appetizer, Best Main Course, Best Dessert and Best Guest Services.
The 2022 Taste of the Town Restaurant Month allowed guests to discover new restaurants, support their current favorites and promote local businesses in the area. One ticket per person allowed guests to receive exclusive flavors created by chefs at over 35 participating restaurants.
The winners of the different categories were:
• Best cocktail was awarded to Local Pour who offered samples of brisket balls, pepper poppers, tamale pops, wagyu sliders, boozebery punch, draft beer selection, peach nitro zeppelin tea.
• The best appetizer was awarded to Tapped DraftHouse & Kitchen who offered a sample of their mini Bavarian pretzel, cilantro ranch fries, mini buffalo burgers, hummus with flatbread and vegetables.
• The best main course was awarded to Island Fin Poke who offered a poke bowl.
• The prize for the best dessert was awarded to Press Waffle The Woodlands, which offered three tastings: The House, The Happy Camper, The Southern Belle.
• The award for Best Customer Service went to Citizens Grill who offered Beef Tenderloin with a Slice of Portobello Mushrooms and Chimichurri Sauce over Wild Mushroom Risotto, Jalepeño Cream of Corn, Jalepeño Mac and Cheese Balls and carrot cake.
Taste of The Town is an annual event hosted by the Woodlands Region Chamber of Commerce. It’s a paradise for foodies looking to satisfy their cravings and sample local cuisine, while showing support for community businesses. Members of the Chamber, who are part of the food and beverage industry, are encouraged to join. The Chamber encourages eligible members to showcase their best dishes and register for Taste of The Town 2023.
Source: Forest Region Chamber of Commerce
Photography by Nick Rama; Nick Rama is a food writer, Hello Woodlands contributor, and shares his dining experiences on Nick’s Local Eats at NicksLocalEats.com and the TX BBQ, Burgers and Brew Facebook page. Nick enjoys helping the small business owner, supporting his community by raising money for food banks, and planning tasting events with local and family restaurants.