The wait will be much shorter as the Wyoming Game and Fish Department is releasing a new, faster Springer Special Pheasant Hunt-style registration system, which will allow everyone to quickly enter the field to enjoy their hunt.
A new “Springer Special Fast Pass” will save eligible hunters a considerable amount of time when registering for the Springer Special Pheasant Hunt, which typically takes several minutes per hunter.
Eligible hunters who have obtained a permit for the 2021 Springer Pheasant Special Hunt and have already purchased all required permits and stamps will receive an email with the pass and instructions on how to use it, on the day. open before their scheduled hunt.
To receive this pass, pheasant hunters must purchase or possess all permits and documents required for the hunt before the scheduled hunting date. These requirements are as follows:
- Game birds license (annual, daily, life or pioneer. Young people under 14 do not need a license but must be accompanied by an adult and have a hunter’s security card.)
- Stamp of preservation (not required for daily or pioneer licenses)
- Special pheasant management permit
- A registered hunter education course in Wyoming (if born on or after January 1, 1966)
- Springer license (mailed to successful candidates)
Hunters who have obtained a Springer license, purchased all required licenses and stamps, and completed hunter training in Wyoming will receive an email with their electronic pass.
Hunters on hold will also benefit from the new fast system, especially if they arrive with all the required permits and licenses.