Chicago Police Union boss John Catanzara suggested he retired before the police board could fire him for filing false reports – and too many other misconduct allegations to list – because he is a political target of Mayor Lori Lightfoot .
Police Commission data seems to tell a different story, which Catanzara’s former colleagues in blue may want to pay attention to if they ever find themselves in her shoes.
The percentage of cops facing dismissal hearings who ultimately kept their jobs fell dramatically under Lightfoot, which predicted the police union would face a “count.”
Expletive. High: 39 Low: 28
- Speaking of FOP boss John Catanzara. Looks like he has no chance of becoming Chicago’s next mayor, according to a new political poll. Catanzara’s obsession with the Nazis might have something to do with it. Or his vile messages on social networks. Or this time he would have stalked his girlfriend. The poll was not very precise. (Fox32)
- Huzzah! Dog friendly bars won their city council battle against overzealous inspectors!
- Man Who Took R. Kelly’s Song “Burn It Up” Too Literally Is Heading To The Big House. Jailed R&B star partner Michael Williams has been sentenced to eight years in federal prison after pleading guilty to setting fire to the car of one of Kelly’s accusers. (Complex)
- What sounded like a joke – an alderman’s argument to study whether IIt’s a good idea for Chicago taxpayers to buy the Bears – they got the backing of Mayor Lori Lightfoot. “Why not?” she said. (NBC5)
- You must now be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus to eat at Alinea, Chicago’s only three Michelin star restaurant. This goes for the iconic sister locations of fine dining restaurants, Roister, Next and The Aviary. (Eater)
today Chicago Daily is brought to you by Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
To have a good time, click on:
- Bears, beers, beats Pre-game party at Division on the Rocks (6 p.m.)
- Adrianne Lenker at Thalie Room (8:30 p.m.)
- Mayer Hawthorne with India Shawn at Park West (7:30 p.m.)
- Anti Flag, Bad Cop, Doll Skin Reggies (7 p.m.)
- North Mississippi Allstars with Cedric Burnside at the Espace (8 p.m.)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- Retirement Tax Webinar (November 18)
- 42nd Annual Wild Bird Seed Sale (November 19)
- Northside Ladies Boutique – Tons of Designer Clothes for Women (November 19)
- Fill the truck with donations! (November 20)
- 33% discount on a medical cannabis card certification throughout the month of November (November 20)
- 42nd Annual Wild Bird Seed Sale! (21 November)
- 42nd Annual Wild Bird Seed Sale (November 24)
- Chicago Craft Market (Holiday Market) in Ravenswood (November 27-28)
- Add your event
Do you like Chicago Daily? Tell a friend about it and send them this link to subscribe.